If you have a cavity, a composite filling may be what you need. If you have shied away from fillings in the past due to a dislike of metal amalgams, rest assured composite fillings will look natural, be metal-free, and are extremely durable. Composites exist without the metallic shine of amalgams, and they merely seek to give you satisfaction and healing from painful cavities. They also have the following advantages:
– Size: Composites can be used on extremely small cavities, which were previously too difficult to effectively fill with amalgams.
– Leak-free: Composites can seal the margins between the tooth and gums much better than amalgams can.
– Stronger: Composites can stand up to stronger forces that can cause tooth fracture.
– Durability: Composites can last nearly a decade.
– Safety: Unlike amalgams, composites do not contain mercury.
– Functionality: Composites can be repaired many times over without removing the original filling.
– Color: Composites can be customized to match the natural color of your teeth.
The longer you hold off on treating a cavity, the larger the cavity can become. If you would like to know more about dental composite fillings, please make an appointment with Dr. Lynh Pham by contacting our wonderful staff at Smiley Dental Fort Worth via phone at 817.927.1877. You can also stop by our office in Ft. Worth, Texas. We will help you in any way we can.