If you are protective of your healthy smile, you will be practicing strong oral hygiene habits and taking as good care of your teeth and gums as you do your body. Along with your own personal attention, you will also seek out professional dental cleanings regularly. Our dental team can help keep your smile healthy by not only providing care for teeth and gums, but by detecting potential problems while they are still small and affordably treated, as well as providing treatment. So what are the basic necessities for good oral healthcare?
- Brushing your teeth at least two times a day for two minutes each time.
- Flossing thoroughly at least once a day.
- Using a plaque-reducing mouthwash after cleaning your mouth.
In-Office Dental Care
- Our dental team will look for cavities and find out where plaque and tartar is accumulating. Plaque is the bacterial film coating teeth and gums every time you eat or drink, and requires daily removal or it will mineralize into tartar, which requires dental tools to remove. If tartar is allowed to accumulate, and you skip professional dental cleanings, tartar can result in tooth decay and gum disease.
- Your gums will be checked to ensure they are healthy and correctly spaced around the teeth (space between the teeth and gums increases with when gum disease is prevalent).
- Your mouth will be checked for abnormalities and treatment may be offered.
- Your teeth and gums will be thoroughly cleaned using scaling tools to remove tartar buildup around the gumline and the teeth.
- Stains on the teeth will be removed by polishing.
- Your teeth and gumline will be flossed to remove trapped oral debris.
- We will review with you any brushing and flossing techniques you may need to help you with your at-home oral hygiene care.
Along with taking good care of your oral health at home, enlist our help to maintain your beautiful smile! To schedule a visit with Dr. Lynh Pham please call our Smiley Dental Fort Worth team in Ft. Worth, Texas at 817.927.1877 today.